Compliance Institute Southern Africa incorporated as a Non Profit Company (NPC) in terms of the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
To be the recognised, independent professional body for the compliance profession.
Set, maintain and promote best practice standards for the compliance profession by facilitating professional development and accreditation for its members.
Aims and Objectives
- To encourage and promote compliance within the regulatory environment;
- To promote the professional status, image and credibility of its members;
- To identify, establish, maintain and promote international compliance best practices;
- To encourage and facilitate forums for the exchange of information and ideas among members/other stakeholders.
- To stimulate and promote education and training in the field of compliance to its members and other stakeholders;
- To alert members of new developments in, and changes to, legislation and the interpretation and application of such by the relevant authorities;
- To build synergistic rapport between organizations on compliance issues and to create liaison with similar organisations in other countries;
- To provide accreditation for compliance professionals;
- To establish, maintain and promote standards for compliance functions and compliance officers; and
- To do all such other lawful things as are or may be incidental or conducive or ancillary to, or necessary for the attainment of the above objectives.
Strategic direction of the Institute is the responsibility of the Board, but the day-to-day management rests with the Chief Executive Officer, supported by the Executive Committee.