VISION MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Compliance Institute Southern Africa, incorporated as a Non Profit Company (NPC) in terms of the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
To be the recognised, independent professional body for the compliance profession.
Set, maintain and promote best practice standards for the compliance profession by facilitating professional development and accreditation for its members.
Aims and Objectives
- To encourage and promote compliance within the regulatory environment
- To promote ethical standards with, and the professional status, image and credibility of its members
- To identify, establish, maintain and promote international compliance best practices
- To encourage and facilitate forums for member networking and the exchange of information and ideas among members/other stakeholders
- To stimulate and promote education, training and professionalism in the field of compliance to its members and other stakeholders
- To facilitate members’ having professional designations conferred upon them
- To alert members of new developments and changes to legislation
- To build synergies and rapport between organisations on compliance issues and to collaborate with similar organisations in other countries
- To establish, maintain and promote principles, standards and guidelines for compliance functions and compliance officers; and
- To do all such other lawful things to achieve the above objectives
Strategic direction of the Institute is the responsibility of the Board, and the day-to-day management rests with the Chief Executive Officer, supported by the Compliance Institute SA team.