The AMLC Prac (SA) provides an opportunity for those tasked with anti-money laundering (AML) / anti-financial crime (AFC) to professionalise their careers and to be awarded a SAQA-registered designation.
Candidates are tasked with or involved in their organisation's anti-money laundering (AML) / anti-financial crime (AFC) efforts and activities. Typical activities include:
- Understand and being up to date with the AML / AFC regulatory framework, principles and standards, e.g FATF recommendations, FIC Act, etc.
- Implement and apply a risk-based approach to AML / AFC
- Assist with the compilation and evaluation of the organisation's Risk Management and Compliance program (RMCP)
- CDD / EDD
- Transaction monitoring
- Detect, investigate alerts, report suspicious activity (STR's)
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to legislative / regulatory requirements, alerts, suspicious or unusual activities
- Identify training requirements of the organisation, monitor that training is undertaken and compliant with regulatory requirements
- Continuous improvement of the AML / AFC RMCP / process
- Oversight and management of AML / AFC teams
- Understand the digital landscape, contribute to technology plan and the relevant technology requirements, identify system improvements or alternative systems that can improve overall team efficiency
- Qualification: Must hold at least Matric / NQF 4
- Work experience: Must have at least 3 years' relevant work experience
Remember - the lower the qualification, the more work experience will be required.
NEXT EXAM DATE
2 November 2023
REGISTRATIONS CLOSING DATE
9 October 2023
The fees below include VAT and are payable in full upon receipt of invoice.
- Non-refundable application fee to evaluate if you meet the eligibility requirements to write the exam: R1,250.00
- Eligible candidates board exam fee: R4,250.00
Although you could write the board exam as a non-member, designations are only awarded to standard members. It is therefore highly recommended that you register as a standard member before embarking on this process. Talk to us about a payment plan if needed.
Applications close on 9 October 2023
2 November 2023
Watch this space!
Our training programme will be launching soon